YNPN San Diego seeks to create a space where everyone feels welcome and safe. Our Code of Conduct fosters an atmosphere of inclusion and helps us all to understand our shared values.
It’s important that YNPN San Diego leadership, chapter members, event attendees, speakers, and volunteers agree with this Code of Conduct when engaging with the organization. This policy ensures a safe and positive environment for everyone.
At YNPN San Diego, we:
- Participate in an authentic and active way.
- Exercise consideration and respect in our speech and our actions.
- Are collaborative.
- Listen and communicate respectfully.
- Are mindful of our surroundings and of our fellow participants.
All YNPN San Diego events should be a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of age, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ability status, physical appearance, race, political affiliation, socioeconomic status, or religion (or lack thereof). Therefore, the following behaviors will not be tolerated:
- Violence, threats of violence, or violent language directed against another person.
- Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, albeit or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
- Personal insults, particularly those related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, or ability status.
- Inappropriate or non-consensual physical contact.
- Unwelcome sexual attention. This includes sexualized comments, jokes, and unwelcome sexual advances.
- Sustained disruption of community events, including talks and presentations.
Please know that we work with any speakers ahead of time to help them frame discussions that are open and as inclusive as possible. However, participants may leave a session or conversation as needed.
What to do if you have a concern:
Please speak to a YNPN San Diego Advisory Board Member immediately. Our team is here to listen to your concerns or questions. If you do not feel comfortable, or have the opportunity to speak to us at the event, please email your concerns to email@example.com. We are here to work with you to make sure your experience at YNPN San Diego is a positive one.
Unacceptable behavior from anyone will be subject to disciplinary action deemed appropriate by YNPN San Diego Advisory Board members, including, but not limited to, verbal warnings, expulsion from an event, and potential revocation of membership with no refund.