YNPN San Diego is looking for people with the passion and time to guide YNPN San Diego's growth as an organization. Advisory Board members are responsible for developing YNPN San Diego in a way that helps accomplish our mission: activating emerging leaders by connecting them with the resources, people, and ideas they need to advance the social sector.
Serving on the YNPN San Diego Board is an awesome opportunity to put your skills to use and take your involvement with YNPN to the next level as we build the systems and capacity of our organization. It's also a great way to focus on your own professional development by meeting new people, enhancing your leadership skills and expanding your network.
Ideal board candidates have:
- A commitment to social justice and an understanding of the importance of equipping a deep, diverse bench of nonprofit leaders with the skills and networks they’ll need to make an impact
- The ability to balance idea generation with execution
- The enthusiasm and, most importantly, the time to commit to your Board tenure
- Willingness to not just “do” but also help develop systems and make our work sustainable
Board members have the overall fiscal and managerial responsibility for YNPN San Diego. They are charged with the supervision and oversight of the YNPN mission. They are responsible for making decisions, delegating work, and assuring that decisions are carried out in the manner intended.
YNPN San Diego accepts application for new Board members annually starting in September. Interviews will take place in October and new Board members will be notified in November.
Application submissions are NOW OPEN!
We are seeking to fill at least four board positions, including the following roles:
- Programming Co-Chairs - 2 positions available
- Marketing Co-Chair - 1 position available
- Membership Co-Chair - 1 position available
- General Board Member* - 2 positions available
*If you not interested in a Co-Chair position, please select General Board Member for your first and second choice when completing the application. When you select this role, you will be asked to specify which committee you would like to serve on - please use this opportunity to let us know of your first and second choice committee.
Programming Co-Chairs are responsible for the following:
- Attending monthly committee meetings.
- Facilitating career development, relevant training resources, and social gatherings for nonprofit professionals.
- Developing events that add value to membership.
Hosting signature events such as:
- Access to Experts and Headshot Happy Hour
- Overseeing program development, logistics, and setup, including but not limited to: confirming dates, locations, and speakers (if needed), setting up and breaking down each event space, purchasing event food and supplies, preparing and printing registration sheets, creating thank you cards for speakers, distributing surveys to event attendees, inputting attendees into tracking documents and the website backend database (after events), and maintaining event budgets.
- Coordinating with Marketing and Communications Co-Chairs for event-related communications, event pages, and registration.
- Communicating with program partners and event collaborators.
- Developing and refining event planning procedures.
Marketing Co-Chair is responsible for the following:
Maintaining and populating YNPN’s social media networks (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn) and blog with content:
- Promoting YNPN San Diego events and news through the website, listserv, and social media accounts.
- Sharing professional development resources, news, and partner events related to the nonprofit sector with YNPN San Diego’s membership.
- Working collaboratively with the Advisory Board and Committee members to solicit content for the website, blog, and social media accounts.
- Creating and distributing monthly newsletter(s) and event promotions that go out via email.
- Overseeing updates to YNPN San Diego’s website.
- Creating and implementing a marketing strategy for the organization.
- Maintaining online communication policies and procedures.
- Creating print communications, including brochures, business cards, etc. and updating them as necessary.
- Attending monthly committee meetings, if needed.
- Adhering to best practices in online, print, and interpersonal communications with a focus on disseminating content that specifically relates to YNPN San Diego’s mission.
Membership Co-Chair is responsible for the following:
- Attending monthly committee meetings.
- Developing and executing individual and organizational membership acquisition and retention strategies, including meeting with individuals and presenting to organizations in the community.
- Creating and distributing new member welcome communications.
- Working with the Marketing & Communications Committee to create informational materials about YNPN San Diego and membership benefits to be distributed at events or shared on social media.
- Meeting and greeting event attendees and assisting with registration.
- Generating and collecting member surveys to foster the enhancement of membership benefits as needed.
- Collaborating with other Committees to meet membership and development goals.
If you encounter any issues with the YNPN San Diego 2019 Board Application form, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications are due by: September 30, 2019
Tip: Have the following items prepared before completing the application form. Please note that they must be in PDF format when submitting.
- Current Resume (1-2 pages)
- Letter of Intent answering the following questions (1-2 pages):
- How many years have you worked/volunteered in the nonprofit sector and in what capacity?
- Describe your current and past leadership roles, including board participation.
- What interests you about serving on the YNPN San Diego board?
- What unique experience would you contribute to the YNPN San Diego board?
- What are the causes that you're passionate about and why?
Click below to learn more and complete the online application!